She is smoking anywhere between 3-5 joints a day...
'I don’t believe the cops should harass you for smoking weed .... They should be concerned about why people are trying to kill us ... rather than about me sitting here smoking on a joint.'
>>>>>> I’ve responded below.
My daughter has now moved back home - about 1 1/2 weeks ago - having been gone for about 1 month in total.
The work at the factory that L___ had been doing has now more or less dried up or is very sporadic. I have told L___ that as she is still refusing to attend school for the last couple of months she will have to go out and get another job as I do not want her staying at home all day doing nothing whilst I am at full time work. Also I do not trust her in the house on her own as she has people round without my permission.
>>>>>>>>> To allow her to just hang out at your house with no job and no effort to pursue an education is a gross form of over-indulgence. This cannot continue …period!
Trying to persuade Lauren to get another job yesterday turned into quite a heated discussion with her storming off and more or less ending in her threatening me with verbal and physical abuse and threatening to leave home again. Already today she has had her boyfriend round for a short while even though he is effectively 'banned' from our house.
>>>>>>>>>> Don’t waste time “persuading” …state that she has “X” number of days to either procure employment and/or get busy with her GED -- or she has to find somewhere else to live (14 days would be my time limit).
I do not feel I can chuck her out during the day as there is nowhere else she can go but don’t think she should be allowed to stay at home doing nothing if she is not prepared to go to school either.
>>>>>>>> Whose problem is it? The more responsibility you take for HER problem, the less responsibility she will take.
I cannot physically drag her out of her bed and to find something but do not want to keep going through this worry every day for the next 4/5 months before we find out if she has been accepted a place in college. She is also running up quite high debts with other people where she is living beyond her means and with no way of paying people back currently.
The whole situation is making me extremely upset and anxious and I feel powerless. I do not feel that she is trying to make any effort at all to compromise, its all take, take, take from her side and angry mood swings when things don’t go her way.
>>>>>>>>> “Compromising” is a traditional parenting strategy that doesn’t work.
The only time she is calm otherwise is when she is smoking weed - which obviously also really concerns me as she is smoking anywhere between 3-5 joints a day @ 16 years of age and I feel that this is very habit forming.
>>>>>>>>>> To allow her to live in your home and abuse illicit drugs is yet another gross form of over-indulgence. You should “turn her in.”
Please could you offer me some advice as to how best to motivate her into doing something more positive and respecting our house rules?
>>>>>>>>> As long as the over-indulgence persists – you’re stuck lady!
The Strong-Willed Out-of-Control Teen
The standard disciplinary techniques that are recommended for “typical” teenagers do not take into account the many issues facing teens with serious behavioral problems. Disrespect, anger, violent rages, self-injury, running away from home, school failure, hanging-out with the wrong crowd, drug abuse, theft, and legal problems are just some of the behaviors that parents of defiant teens will have to learn to control.
Click here for the full article...
Click here for the full article...
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (109)
- ► 10 (147)
- ► 09 (150)
- ► 08 (407)
- Help me please before I go insane...
- I am so deeply worried that my sons will be someho...
- It sounds like she is not even attending the math ...
- Empty Nest Syndrome
- Acknowledgment & Praise
- I am a bit discouraged...
- The keys just came up missing...
- He puts his head down on the desk and pretends to ...
- She’s in an addictive relationship...
- It seems askew to allow 1 kid to sour 3...
- Hey son ...I know you got emotional problems, but ...
- Twin Trouble
- What did I miss here?
- Then he aimed a plunger at my head, which hit me.....
- Put it in the 'Deal-With-It-Later' file.
- I pushed Back
- Could the Meningitis be causing this Bipolar disor...
- She is smoking anywhere between 3-5 joints a day.....
- I want my husband and I to both be on the same pag...
- How Do I Deal with "Empty-Nest Syndrome"?
- I don't think I could follow through with calling ...
- Let's Trouble-Shoot
- Probation Officer is Recommending DOC
- We have been having a fair amount of difficulty......
- Don't "Half-Ass" The Program
- He used a condom...
- She is going to make her life very hard by being a...
- Whose Problem Is It?
- I made a new online friend...
- Can I Get a Certificate?
- Ryan needs to be reminded.
- PC Tattletail
- Aspergers + Borderline Personality Disorder + Alco...
- The Marriage Is The Foundation
- Should I ground here from youth group?
- Teens & Alcohol Drinking
- You said it would get worse before it gets better ...
- Machiavellian Behavior
- Daughter Won't Take Her Meds
- WHAT DO I DO TO STOP HIM?
- Tough + Love
- Why Only $19.99 ?
- Mark Hutten, M.A.
- ▼ 4 (43)