Well, my daughter turned 18 and she did move out with her boyfriend and his mother. I heard she did not go to school today. I am wondering what responsibility do I have with her still in school? Maybe this is the wrong question to ask, but I am trying to make sense of this.
I want you know that I did say they could date, but she would still have to obey our guidelines in our home. She didn't think she could do this, so she wanted out. Thank you, M.
I think it's good that she's out - that's o.k. for everybody. She doesn't have to attend school at her age - it's optional. She'll eventually realize she needs to at least get a GED. She won't want to work at McDonald's her whole life.
Look at her as more like an adult friend now (rather than your "pain-in-the-ass" daughter).
Online Parent Support
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (109)
- ► 10 (145)
- ► 09 (150)
- Do we have to take him back?
- When Children Seem Unaffected by Discipline
- Body Piercing and Peer Pressure
- Dealing With Running Away
- What do I do with this?
- Condom Use?
- Am I delusional or insane for even considering thi...
- Ground him FROM his room...
- Let him suffer the consequences...?
- Elite Family Specialists CIC
- My ODD Child
- Daughter Refuses To Attend School Regularly
- She moved out...
- Insecure Attachment
- ▼ 1 (14)
- ► 07 (359)