Please look for my arrows: >>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hi Mark (this is S. from El Paso),
I think I told you about K____'s friend, J____, who is the mother of a 1 yr old child. J_____ is somehow influencing K____ and if I say anything negative about J_____, K____ becomes a yelling maniac!
K____ asked me a couple of weeks ago if her attitude changes when she's around J_____ and I told her, Yes - I DID notice a change in her and even K____ admits to it, too!
It seems that if I don't let J_____ spend the night with us, then she and K____ both leave the house in K____'s car and I have no idea where they run off too. Is there anyway (besides hiring an investigator to follow them) that I can somehow keep track of where she goes?
>>>>>>>>>>> Wait a minute …whose supposed to be in charge here – you or your daughter!? If your daughter is under 18, and if this is an on-going problem, you should call the police and file a runaway charge. If your daughter is 18, but does not want to abide by your rules, she can live somewhere else. It sounds like the hens are in charge of the hen house rather than the farmer.
She always tells me she's going to a "friend's house" but she never tells me where her "friend" lives. Also, she and J_____ communicate with a young man who's in and out of jail and who's involved with a gang (he's supposedly J_____'s boyfriend - but J_____ has "several" boyfriends).
How can I find out what his real name is and where he lives without letting K____ know this?????
>>>>>>>>>> It’s not your job to track your daughter or to investigate her friends. It’s your daughter’s job to abide by your house rules. You are taking on too much responsibility – and the more responsibility you take on, the less your daughter will take on.
I feel that if I don't keep tabs on my daughter, I'm so afraid that something bad will happen to her. Also, how can I keep J_____ away from my daughter? Should I take a bench warrant out on her?? I don't want my daughter to be around this awful girl.
>>>>>>>>> Get a restraining order.
I also need to tell you that K____ and I had another argument but it was over something stupid, however, I DID NOT RAISE MY VOICE but K____ was yelling and cursing at me (using the "F"word and other vulgar cuss words). I hope she's not doing drugs because when my brother was using Cocaine, he would yell just like her!!!
Mark, what can I do at this point??
I know I must take away her car - first thing. But then what?
>>>>>>>>> Yes …take it away, but do so in the fashion described in my ebook.
Can I send her to a juvenile center (she's 17 now but she'll be 18 this July)?
>>>>>>>> Yes, but you have to be willing to file charges first.
I also feel that I must tell her father about her behavior and his parents (who also care lot about her). If I can get her away from these other "bad" kids, maybe she'll "see the light".
>>>>>>>>> She’s not going to be interested in seeing ‘the light.’ She’s only going to be interested in getting her freedom and stuff back once it has been taken away.
J_____ told K____ that her parents were locking her out of their house but I found out after talking with her parents that if they lock the doors at night (for safety, obviously!) then they always provide her with a key to the house. But you can't convince K____ that J_____'s lying. K____ says, "You only believe her parents because you're a parent and you never believe me!"
Since our "argument" tonight, I haven't heard from K____. I'm so worried that she's driving off to Las Vegas because this J_____ wants to go there! It's now 10:30pm (Friday) and I haven't heard from K____ at all. She also won't answer her cell phone.
Please tell me what to do!!! I'm so lost,
>>>>>>>>> Please don’t be upset with me when I say this: This is exactly what happens with over-indulgent parenting. The tail has wagged the dog for so long that it thinks it is the head. You, dear parent, are going to have to muster up some tuff love, or your daughter may end up ‘God only knows where.’
>>>>>>>>>Please …please …please … no more half measures! Please re-read the ebook and listen to all the audio files. You’ll pick up on so much more the second time around.
Keep me posted,
The Strong-Willed Out-of-Control Teen
The standard disciplinary techniques that are recommended for “typical” teenagers do not take into account the many issues facing teens with serious behavioral problems. Disrespect, anger, violent rages, self-injury, running away from home, school failure, hanging-out with the wrong crowd, drug abuse, theft, and legal problems are just some of the behaviors that parents of defiant teens will have to learn to control.
Click here for the full article...
Click here for the full article...
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (109)
- ► 10 (147)
- ► 09 (150)
- ► 08 (408)
- Want Some Peace In Your House Again?
- Teenage Son is a Trouble Maker
- She doesn't seem too worried about her future...
- He is on concerta, strattera, celexa, trazadone......
- We are facing some challenging times ahead...
- Yes ...there actually is audio on the Online Versi...
- Stealing all the money on the debit card...
- Are we still liable for any accidents and injuries...
- School Refusal
- Is she psychotic?
- Ranting & Raving
- Resentment Flu
- Small problems get small consequences.
- My daughter doesn't respond to what we do and rare...
- I feel like no matter what I do, it will be wrong ...
- Adolescent Sex Offenders
- It's All About Money ...right?
- The education of the kids is seriously hampered......
- It would be nice to find a solution...
- He calls us losers and that we suck...
- Kid Has Parents Arrested
- Do I let him continue to suffer...
- Online Parent Support
- I'm so worried that she's driving off to Las Vegas...
- She says I am overprotective and do not trust her....
- Ryan has always been different...
- He threatening to slit my throat...
- She took her tantrum to a whole new level...
- Do you think this is just jealousy...?
- She Will Probably Make It A Disaster
- We are exhausted...how do we get her out this summ...
- I really want my child back...
- Brain on Drugs? NO!
- I'd like to take the door off his room.
- Why don't I just 'know' how to parent the right wa...
- Terminate The Relationship?
- Son Abuses Mother
- Child Anger Revealed
- He's Got 4 Parents.
- J's school counselor recommended a part time job.
- She's got ADHD, Anxiety, Borderline Personality Di...
- She's a Shoplifter!
- He can smell the stink of it...
- He's Being Bullied.
- He blows smoke in my face...
- My 15-year-old daughter had been drinking...
- Picky Eater & Poor Organizer
- Runaway Daughter is Smoking Weed
- Ivy Ridge Academy
- You saved us a lot of money on therapy.
- She's a Pooper.
- Make 'em itch!
- Things were going well for awhile.
- Are you for real?
- ▼ 3 (54)