G'dayI just joined/purchased and have commenced reading through. I find that each page says 'Instructional video #1" etc, but I cannot find any instructional video. Would you please let me know what I need to do to change in my settings.
You had me worried there for a minute. I checked ...and the videos are still there. Does your computer run slow perhaps?
```````````````````````````````G'day Mark,I have attached screen shots of the first page and the introduction page.As you will see there is a big gap in the beginning of the introduction page that I am assuming is where the video is - this is the same for all the other pages as well.Any suggestions?Cheers, P. :o)
If you have a slow computer, the videos may take awhile to load. Here are some suggestions that may speed things up a bit:
1. First, try rebooting your computer (i.e., turn it off, then back on) before viewing the videos.
2. Use Mozilla Firefox 3 as your main web browser. It is much faster than Internet Explorer. Click here for a free download ==> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
3. Close all other browser windows other than the page with the video you want to view.
4. Free up disk space. By freeing disk space, you can improve the performance of your computer. The Disk Cleanup tool on your computer helps you free up space on your hard disk. The utility identifies files that you can safely delete, and then enables you to choose whether you want to delete some or all of the identified files. Use Disk Cleanup to:
Remove temporary Internet files.
Remove downloaded program files (such as Microsoft ActiveX controls and Java applets).
Empty the Recycle Bin.
Remove Windows temporary files.
Remove optional Windows components that you don't use.
Remove installed programs that you no longer use.
5. Your computer will also load many programs at startup you probably do not need. You can run the Microsoft Configuration utility to prevent these programs from loading into memory. To do so, go to Start>Run and type msconfig and hit OK. Under the Startup tab, uncheck any programs you know do not need to load.
6. The most common performance hit comes from viruses and spyware. Make sure you are running an antivirus program like AVG and a spyware program such as Spybot Search and Destroy.
7. You can click on the Google button (lower right corner of each video), which will
take you to Video.Google.com. The videos should run a bit faster when viewed directly from Google.
8. Once the above steps are taken, be sure your computer is in an open space where the fans are clean and working. Heat buildup in a PC will slow the processor and may even cause it to lockup or shutdown.
9. If none of the above works, then you can simply click on the play button, then go feed the cat. By the time you return to the computer, the video should be loaded and ready to view.
I hope this helps,
Mark`````````````````````````````````G'day Mark,Thank you so much for the info.My husband has the same computer as me, so I tried it on his and his worked fine.So, I got onto MS website and read up on their help files and did some downloads as a result.After this was done I got your e-mail, so I also cleaned out my recycle bin - I keep forgetting about that bit and had over 4GB to get rid of!!The videos on your pages are now coming up with no problems.Thank you again.I have already seen an improvement in my ODD/ADHD/Asperger's son after only reading a little bit of your information. My 'normal' daughter who has obviously been feeling neglected will be the type to get worse before better, but at least I now feel as if I can start living again :o)Cheers, P.
Online Parent Support
I cannot find any instructional video...
The Strong-Willed Out-of-Control Teen
The standard disciplinary techniques that are recommended for “typical” teenagers do not take into account the many issues facing teens with serious behavioral problems. Disrespect, anger, violent rages, self-injury, running away from home, school failure, hanging-out with the wrong crowd, drug abuse, theft, and legal problems are just some of the behaviors that parents of defiant teens will have to learn to control.
Click here for the full article...
Click here for the full article...
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (109)
- ► 10 (147)
- ► 09 (150)
- Kicking Out a Minor
- Son Skipping School
- Re: Regaining Custody of Son
- Kids & Poor Academic Performance
- It is a difficult time at the moment...
- Teen Doesn't Want To Work
- Teens & Alcohol Abuse
- When Parents Disagree On Discipline
- How successful is house arrest?
- He loves to save his money...
- I fear it is too late...
- She took $40.00 instead of $20.00 out of my accoun...
- Violence On The Rise Among Children?
- Game Addiction
- Cell Phone Problems
- She got a little award at assembly the other day f...
- Adolescence and Narcissistic Disorder—
- It is fantastic!
- We've both cried the past couple of hours at how d...
- I want to believe this was the turning point but h...
- I was on the verge of asking my 16 year old young ...
- 16 year-old son is hangin' with the wrong crowd......
- What direction do I go in?
- School Refusal vs. Truancy
- 16-year-old son using marijuana and RX drugs...
- 16-year-old daughter constantly tells her younger ...
- My husband and I were at the end of our ropes...
- Online Parent Support
- That is my experience...
- I was looking for an Internet Support Group for pa...
- Do we increase the consequence...
- There is no coming back...
- If I encourage him I am damned and if I don't am d...
- I cannot find any instructional video...
- Today is the day he kicked in his bedroom door...
- How to make my 13 yr old girl go to sleep?
- I don’t feel it is fair for us to pay that kind of...
- ▼ 9 (37)
- ► 07 (426)