I just thought I'd give you an update. Our son A__ went out New Year's Eve and arrived home on January 3rd, 2009. He did call though, but we told him that he would have to come home or deal with the consequences (he had no medication or clothes). When he returned home (at 7:15am after partying all night wreaking of smoke and booze - and gasping for air because he is asthmatic and smokes and had no ventolin) we took away, the TV, computer, phone and we locked his bedroom door and made him sleep on a roll-away cot. He bitched and complained that we were doing damage to his back....oh, we also told him 3 square meals a day, no snacking, which was torture because he is 6'3 and eats a lot. Anyway, we went the full 3 days and it's over now. He was very thankful and appreciative to have his privileges back....so that's great!!! It was hard, but we did it. To be honest I broke down once, but then got back with the program (I let him eat something between meals, and I had a whole heart to heart with him - which would have gone better if I'd talked to a wall) and my husband got mad once and yelled at him after I allowed him to eat and he left all his dishes all over and made him get off his cot at 1am and do the dishes. So we worked together as a team and put our poker faces back on.
I have told my Aunt about the program and she is going to sign up too.
I really appreciate the update.
You are clearly NOT employing "half-measures." Great job -- and thanks for working the program as it is intended.
To your continued success,
Online Parent Support
- ► 19 (104)
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (108)
- ► 10 (145)
- She keeps saying really mean things to and about h...
- Re: Negative Peer Influence
- Promoting Children's Self-esteem
- I will not allow her boyfriend to sleep at our hou...
- I have been asked to help care for a young girl......
- For someone who has faced such difficult mental he...
- From: Parent to an up and coming Adult!
- She attracts the attention of young men in their l...
- The Total Transformation?
- The conflicts we have now are about less critical ...
- Thank you for giving me my son back...
- I honestly received more helpful information out o...
- He wants to throw his clean clothes on the floor.....
- Aspergers & Sound Therapy
- C. Has A Drug Problem
- Adolescent Physical abuse Towards Mothers
- I realized I had to change my behavior to help him...
- He was very thankful and appreciative to have his ...
- She tells me everything...
- Eloquent Lines of Bullshit
- Lying & Disrespect
- We thought maybe he should see that the grass is n...
- Please provide any additional details of the conte...
- When Teens Isolate In Their Bedrooms To Avoid Cons...
- When Teens Steal From Parents
- Teen Abuses Cell Phone Privileges
- ▼ 1 (26)
- ► 08 (393)
- ► 07 (355)