I purchased your program and at the part that is basically saying, eat dinner with them and tell them good night. The program says not to skip and to read it step by step -which is fine but in the meantime things are not good! Truly at home my son is pretty good (now that I have a boyfriend that will not take his crap) but at school he is a TERROR. I get calls from the office daily. Today he stole a drink in the cafeteria then when caught shoved it across the table getting it all over another student, threatened to beat up the kid that told on him and cussed out the Principal. Well he is expelled from school for 10 days now. But this type stuff goes on *every single day*.
I take away his ps2, ground him from tv- which makes him all sad and but it is not helping the behavior at school- he acts DEVASTATED every time he gets in trouble that he just cant believe it all happened and knows he is going to be in trouble and is very upset about being in trouble - yet the behavior continues.
I will keep on doing the program but for now tonight other than eating dinner with him and telling him good night - I am simply without a clue.
Do you have any suggestions on how I can handle this tonight when I get home? He already has his ps2 and tv taken away. I know to keep my poker face but how can I effectively punish him - or get thru to him to help him not want to be such a nightmare.
It this all truly just because he want attention?
Your is appreciated-
For now, I don't want you to do anything differently than what you would ordinarily do. If we make a bunch of changes too quickly - it will backfire. Only do one session per week - and only implement one set of assignments per week. In the meantime, just do what you have been doing until you come to parts of the eBook that instruct you otherwise.
Online Parent Support
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (108)
- ► 10 (145)
- ► 09 (149)
- I am having trouble knowing when to implement and ...
- Our life has been hell for the past 2 years...
- Which is more difficult to treat, ODD or Conduct D...
- 3 Strikes?
- Parents Are Not On The Same Page With Parenting St...
- How long? How long?
- Don't Procrastinate!
- It works, it really works!
- Let Go?
- Daughter Is Too Comfortable
- David 's Story
- What's the difference between ODD and ADHD?
- She DID the dishes...
- E-book is proving very helpful...
- House Rules Contract: Cell Phones
- Discipline That Make a Bad Problem Worse
- Guide for Teachers
- Refine - Refine - Refine
- Poor Academic Performance
- What happens to children with ODD when they grow u...
- 4 year old student diagnosed with ODD...
- How To Ground?
- Temper Tantrums (Ages 3-12): Guidelines for Parent...
- What do I do now? Where do we go from here?
- I am truly concerned about her & the Wicca stuff.....
- What's Fair Game?
- At school he is a TERROR...
- Do you think my 2-week period for her is too long?...
- How to "break into" the juvenile justice field...
- Is Your Teenage Son Smoking Pot?
- I stood up to her and gave her limits...
- Boys Ranch?
- ▼ 2 (33)
- ► 07 (355)