I'm a mom, high school teacher, and foster mom. I love working with "out of control" kids, which is why I bought your ebook. While my house is perfectly peaceful, I wanted to know what to tell my students' parents when they ask me what to do. I had to read the book before I could recommend it. I've read only a part of it, but I know already that I will be assigning your book for parent homework!
My question, though, is more self-serving. I've been in education for 14 years and am certified in 5 areas including special education. I am led to work with more troubled kids. I want to work in juvenile justice, and although I've applied week after week for the past 2 years, I've received no acknowledgment of my application. Having read the job qualifications and preferred candidate profiles, I know I would be an asset. Further, I've read news paper articles discussing the shortage in this field. Can you give me some idea how to "break into" the juvenile justice field (it sounds like I'm trying to break into Hollywood, huh? But the pay won't be as good...).
If you have time to give me some ideas, I would appreciate it; do not feel obligated, however. I recognize that your time is valuable.
I'm in Austin, TX by the way.
Have a great day,
Since you are a teacher, you may want to consider teaching in a secure detention unit for juveniles. This could be at your local juvenile detention facility or the closet DOC for juveniles in Austin.
Here's a website where you may be able to find more leads:
- ► 19 (105)
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (108)
- ► 10 (145)
- ► 09 (149)
- I am having trouble knowing when to implement and ...
- Our life has been hell for the past 2 years...
- Which is more difficult to treat, ODD or Conduct D...
- 3 Strikes?
- Parents Are Not On The Same Page With Parenting St...
- How long? How long?
- Don't Procrastinate!
- It works, it really works!
- Let Go?
- 18-year-old Daughter is Lazy, Ungrateful and Spite...
- David 's Story
- What's the difference between ODD and ADHD?
- She DID the dishes...
- E-book is proving very helpful...
- House Rules Contract: Cell Phones
- Discipline That Make a Bad Problem Worse
- Guide for Teachers
- Refine - Refine - Refine
- Poor Academic Performance
- What happens to children with ODD when they grow u...
- 4 year old student diagnosed with ODD...
- How To Ground?
- Temper Tantrums (Ages 3-12): Guidelines for Parent...
- What do I do now? Where do we go from here?
- I am truly concerned about her & the Wicca stuff.....
- What's Fair Game?
- At school he is a TERROR...
- Do you think my 2-week period for her is too long?...
- How to "break into" the juvenile justice field...
- Is Your Teenage Son Smoking Pot?
- I stood up to her and gave her limits...
- Boys Ranch?
- ▼ 2 (33)
- ► 07 (355)