I am not a parent in the true sense of the word. I work with aboriginal children at a school run by the Bigstone Cree Nation in northern Alberta, Canada. One of my responsibilities is to provide support for parents and teachers who have children/students posing challenging behaviors. Therefore, the more knowledge I can gain and the more strategies we have available for parents and teachers, the better able we are to interact in helpful ways with our students. From watching the introductory video and reading through the preliminary pages, I can already see that you and I share common beliefs regarding the importance of informed and strategic parenting skills and it is very important that these carry over to teacher strategies at school. We’re doing fairly well with our kids at school but need to put a lot more energy into our work with parents. By the way, except for me, the grade 6 and grade 7 teachers, all the rest of the staff are Cree. Huge strides are happening at our school and I am privileged to be a part of it.
Thank you for providing these materials. I know already that they will be very valuable in guiding my work with our families.
Online Parent Support
- ► 19 (104)
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (108)
- Teenage Son Admits to Smoking Pot
- What To Do When Teens Won't Get Up For School
- Daughter "Waging War" Against Mother's Fiancé
- Older Brother Picks On Younger Sibs
- "My Out of Control Teen" - Review
- You and I share common beliefs regarding the impor...
- What To Do When Your Child/Teen Physically Attacks...
- Interventions For Your ADHD Teen: PowerPoint Prese...
- ▼ 3 (8)
- ► 09 (149)
- ► 08 (393)
- ► 07 (355)