I need some advice on how to handle my ODD 16-year-old son. He's out of contol! He's been in and out of the mental wards -- and the latest is he assulted me.
He sounds like a handful, just like all the other oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) teens and pre-teens I work with.
Just last night (Monday), two of the mothers in attendance at my 'ODD Seminar' were in tears regarding problems at home. It's the same story I hear again and again:
...calls me a "bitch"
...uses the "F" word in nearly every sentence
...comes home when he wants
...leaves when he wants
...is failing at school
...is about to get kicked out of school
...has no appreciation for anything I do for him
...has threatened me
...refuses to follow any rules or do any chores
...steals, lies ...and so on."
Rather than work with parents, I used to just work with the ODD kids who had recently been discharged from placement. Then after several years of finding a formula that works with these kids, I decided to teach parents what I had learned.
So I put the method on paper in the form of a book and started a parent group (for parents with out-of-control teens and preteens).
Now all this material is online. You can literally attend my ODD Seminar from home.
If your situation is like most parents situation, things are not getting better -- they're getting worse. This is because ODD kids are what I call "unconventional" or "nontraditional." And conventional parenting strategies DO NOT WORK with these kids.
Thus, we will be looking at a set of unconventional parenting strategies in my eBook.
Please don't wait! If you decide NOT to download my eBook, you may still email me for assistance at email@example.com. But I'll be able to assist you more effectively once you have gone through the Seminar:
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (109)
- ► 10 (145)
- ► 09 (149)
- ► 08 (393)
- ► 07 (355)
- When the Father Lets the Kids Get Away with Bad Be...
- Our granddaughter is in more trouble...
- It's been hard to take this back seat...
- What will your program teach me?
- Daughter Caught Smoking
- I Don't Want My Kid Following In My Footsteps
- Any Natural Treatment For ADHD?
- He's Soiling His Pants
- How do I deal with my ODD child?
- My daughter feels very frustrated...
- Discipline vs. Punishment
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Problems Waking Teens Up In The Morning
- I Need Some Advice
- Major Improvement
- My Out-of-Control Teen
- I'm Getting No Support From My Fiancé
- My Son Hates Me
- Is She ODD?
- The Dependency Cycle
- Am I Just Seeing This The Wrong Way?
- My Son Starts Fires
- My Son's Father Works Against Me
- ▼ 11 (24)