Adult consequences that result when one has been raised by an over-indulgent parent—
· Attitude toward life: Self-indulgent, bored, apathetic, restless, no initiative.
· Attitude toward others: Passive expectation of getting from others.
· Attitude toward sex/marriage: Attaches to partners who indulge him. May use attractiveness or pretend weakness.
· Attitude toward work: Expects them to anticipate his wishes. Hates to work. Can't find a job. No career decisions, no preparation, or persistence.
As these adults were growing up, here’s what happened:
They were given their freedom to choose and decide for themselves. They were not given much, if any, discipline or rules. Their parents were very loving and nurturing, but had great difficulty saying "no" and setting limits.
Children with this parenting style tend to have more behavioral problems as adults.
Common traits among these children when they grow up:
· Cannot maintain employment or constantly moves from job to job
· Has a strong dependence on alcohol, substances or negative habits
· Has trouble with significant other relationships (possible multiple divorces)
· Take advantage of friends, family, coworkers, etc.
My Spoiled Teenager
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (109)
- ► 10 (145)
- ► 09 (149)
- I almost had to keep from chuckling...
- She screams that she wants to kill me...
- Stepfather Fondled Stepdaughter?
- My husband has been able to access my son's MSN......
- U.S. Boarding Schools: Ohio to Wyoming
- U.S. Boarding Schools: Maine to North Dakota
- U.S. Boarding Schools: Hawaii to Louisiana
- U.S. Boarding Schools: Alabama to Georgia
- Interview with Mark Hutten, M.A. [Psychology Today...
- He smokes weed...
- She lies, drinks, smokes, tries to make me feel gu...
- I have a huge struggle that is brewing...
- I have created a little girl who has total control...
- Last week he was arrested for shoplifting...
- He didn't come home last night...
- Speak softly, and carry a big stick...
- His pediatrician refers to him as a "case study".....
- This program makes a lot of sense to me...
- When Kids Refuse To Attend School: Case Examples
- Dictionary for Dads
- We do have a situation in hour house...
- Teens Who View Porn on the Internet
- Teens & Money Management
- Her grades have gone from B's to F's...
- These are difficult kids...
- The Insidiousness of Over-Indulgence
- Teen Home Alone
- He definitely has some ODD -ness...
- Over-Indulgence vs. Accountability
- Teens & Stealing
- ▼ 12 (30)
- ► 07 (355)