Thank you Mark for contacting me, I am trying very hard to do as you say, and most of the time I'm doing really well but i know I'm too soft!
My eldest daughter isn't really naughty, its just the stuff that comes out of her mouth, she does not swear, its just the disrespect and her telling me when she is going to do something. She asked me this weekend if she could go on a sleep over i said no because of the way she had acted shouting and arguing.
She was really upset and really didn't think she had done anything wrong. how do i make her see that she is doing wrong? …also she has ADHD but very mild …there is no reasoning with her.
Many thanks M.
The strategy that applies here is the one entitled “When You Want Something From Your Kid” (online version – session #3). In this case, you want her to accept a consequence for her choice to shout and argue.
Let me know if you need any clarification after reviewing the strategy listed above.
Online Parent Support
- ► 19 (105)
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (108)
- ► 10 (145)
- ► 09 (149)
- Should Parents Reward Good Grades?
- Re: Children Adjusting To Mom's New Parenting
- Son On Drugs
- Daughter shoplifting, using drugs, having sex...!?...
- When Parents Disagree About How To Parent
- Re: Teens & Dinner
- Children Who Play With Fire
- Home-School an ODD Teen?
- Sibling Rivalry: Tips for Exhausted Parents
- Daughter Needs Attention
- I am planning to do some workshops for parents...
- Teens & Moving to a New Country
- I bought this book to share with foster carers...
- Stepdaughter Hates Stepmother
- Children & Sharing
- Temper Tantrums: Comprehensive Summary, Prevention...
- Daughter's First Experiment With Drugs
- Signs of a Pot Head
- There are way too many out of control kids out her...
- College Student Needs To Learn How To Budget
- Teacher Picking On Student?
- He threw me against the wall and then threatened t...
- I just have this calming feeling that we are going...
- Daughter Hates Father
- Mother Calls Police on Daughter
- Re: Children & PTSD
- What should be my course of action?
- I know I'm too soft!
- Teens & Tiredness
- Son is angry, failing in school, & refusing to go ...
- ▼ 10 (30)
- ► 07 (355)