Thought I was doing great! However Y___ got very angry about me taking her phone when she was keeping her sister and me awake… I was calm and said she could have it in the morning but on following me downstairs hurled verbal abuse etc when I wouldn't give phone back …eventually when other daughter started screaming at both of us Y___ threatened me and took out pair of scissors and hit me and thumped me, I replied that if she hit me again I would call the police, ultimately I had to. She disappeared and the police have charged her with assault. I kept a poker face and kept saying "I’m not arguing" …my x is aghast at me for calling police and wants me to retract. I’m not. I guess in hindsight what I didn’t do is give her enough warning before taking phone. Didn’t want to call police but she seems to loose control …how can I alleviate this …I tried to be clear …I was VERY CALM COOL AND COLLECTED, which she didn't like.
Things do seem to get worse before they get better. But you're on track. I can see you are working the program. Thanks for being a good student.
Re: … how can I alleviate this?
Please refer to the strategy entitled “When You Want Something From Your Kid” [online version – session #3].
My Out-of-Control Teen
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (109)
- ► 10 (145)
- ► 09 (150)
- Should Parents Reward Good Grades?
- Re: Children Adjusting To Mom's New Parenting
- Son On Drugs
- Daughter shoplifting, using drugs, having sex...!?...
- When Parents Disagree About How To Parent
- Re: Teens & Dinner
- Children Who Play With Fire
- Home-School an ODD Teen?
- Sibling Rivalry: Tips for Exhausted Parents
- Daughter Needs Attention
- I am planning to do some workshops for parents...
- Teens & Moving to a New Country
- I bought this book to share with foster carers...
- Stepdaugher Hates Stepmother
- Children & Sharing
- Temper Tantrums: Comprehensive Summary, Prevention...
- Daughter's First Experiment With Drugs
- Signs of a Pot Head
- There are way too many out of control kids out her...
- College Student Needs To Learn How To Budget
- Teacher Picking On Student?
- He threw me against the wall and then threatened t...
- I just have this calming feeling that we are going...
- Daughter Hates Father
- Mother Calls Police on Daughter
- Re: Children & PTSD
- What should be my course of action?
- I know I'm too soft!
- Teens & Tiredness
- Son is angry, failing in school, & refusing to go ...
- ▼ 10 (30)
- ► 07 (355)