Thank you for your email. We've been having problems with our 13-year-old son and recently saw a counselor last week, which was with both my husband and I. After a very bad evening, I found your website and purchased your book which described my "out of control teenager" perfectly.
Am I better off forcing my son to go to the counselor or trying your steps first? He obviously does not want counseling. He is not a problem in school or anything else he does. He is a very well liked boy who is extremely athletic, good looking and smart. Unfortunately, he does not like rules and always wants to be in charge. The outbursts occur only at home, but obviously we have severe concerns on his disruptiveness to the home.
Thanks for your help.
Counseling is just another "traditional" parenting strategy that doesn't usually work very well. I see many cases in which it makes a bad problem worse. I would predict that this will be the case for you as well.
Just get into the ebook and begin digesting the material. Email me as you go along. This will be a much better route for you.
Stay in touch,
- ► 19 (105)
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (108)
- ► 10 (145)
- ► 09 (149)
- ► 08 (393)
- ► 07 (355)
- I am finally reaching a place ...
- I’m so sick and tired of all these fights...
- Daughter lies, skips school, and uses drugs...
- I have tried lots of things with my 10-year-old d...
- Is he really suicidal?
- Son Is Morbidly Obese
- Sleep Problems and Poor Academic Performance
- Thank You
- Please Help
- Online Parent Support Rocks!!!
- I’m not sure what to do about college...
- What can I do?
- Would you suggest any further contact?
- She is an only child. Does this make a difference?...
- Treatment for ODD
- What's the difference with ADHD and ADD?
- I am depressed and sad all the time ...
- Am I better off forcing my son to go to counseling...
- I want him out of the house...
- We are really emotionally drained...
- Our 17-year-old son...
- How do I avoid that circle fight?
- I have one disagreement with my husband...
- Do we let him go and get thrown to the wolves?
- Words of wisdom?
- ▼ 12 (25)