I am a single parent. Could you give me any tips on how to get a 13-year-old to get out of the house on weekends instead of staying in with me? The only way to get him out is if I buy him a game or something he wants to do. But I cannot always afford this.
Here are a few ideas that your son could do either at home or away from home:
1. Bake bread
2. Bake cookies or a cake
3. Help cook dinner
4. Do soap carving
5. Go and visit grandparents
6. Go bike riding together
7. Go bowling
8. Go camping
9. Go fishing
10. Go swimming
11. Go to a movie
12. Go to the library
13. Go wading in a creek
14. Go window-shopping
15. Have a bonfire
16. Have a family meeting to discuss whatever
17. Have a family picnic in the park
18. Have a late evening cookout
19. Have a barbeque
20. Have a water balloon fight in the backyard
21. Learn a new game
22. Make candles
23. Make caramel corn
24. Make homemade ice cream
25. Plan a vacation
26. Plant a tree
27. Play basketball
28. Play cards
29. Play Frisbee
30. Put a puzzle together
31. Roast marshmallows
32. Share feelings
33. Sit on the porch and watch cars go by
34. Take a hike through downtown
35. Take a walk through the woods
36. Take a walk through your neighborhood
37. Go to a school play
38. Take pictures
39. Take flowers to a friend
40. Take a walk in the rain
42. Visit a college campus
43. Visit a museum
44. Visit a relative
45. Visit different parks in town
46. Visit the fire station
47. Visit the neighbors
48. Watch a television show together
49. Work on a family scrapbook
50. Write letters to friends
You get the idea. I'm sure you can be creative and come up with even better ideas,
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (109)
- ► 10 (145)
- ► 09 (149)
- ► 08 (401)
- ► 07 (355)
- I am finally reaching a place ...
- I’m so sick and tired of all these fights...
- Daughter lies, skips school, and uses drugs...
- I have tried lots of things with my 10-year-old d...
- Is he really suicidal?
- Son Is Morbidly Obese
- Sleep Problems and Poor Academic Performance
- Thank You
- Please Help
- Online Parent Support Rocks!!!
- I’m not sure what to do about college...
- What can I do?
- Would you suggest any further contact?
- She is an only child. Does this make a difference?...
- Treatment for ODD
- What's the difference with ADHD and ADD?
- I am depressed and sad all the time ...
- Am I better off forcing my son to go to counseling...
- I want him out of the house...
- We are really emotionally drained...
- Our 17-year-old son...
- How do I avoid that circle fight?
- I have one disagreement with my husband...
- Do we let him go and get thrown to the wolves?
- Words of wisdom?
- ▼ 12 (25)