Thank you for the offer and for your web site. I am still reading the "book" which I downloaded yesterday.
Our son G___ is not a bad kid by any stretch of the imagination. He is an A/B student in school, is well liked by all of his teachers, has friends and has a part time job. But his mother and I (we are married) are the "enemy" from what I can gather from the discussions and arguments with G___. He has become very secretive and has lied as to his whereabouts in the past. I know he is scared about going off to college in the fall. Not scared enough not to go, but concerned about being on his own. For this reason, he says he has chosen to try to do without our help in order to make him "grow up", which he says he has a lot to do. But his methods are sometimes frightening.
I'm hoping that by reading the book, I may gain some insight as to how to handle the situation. It is physically tiring and by the end of the day his mother and I are exhausted just from the mental frustration of trying to deal with him.
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (108)
- ► 10 (145)
- ► 09 (149)
- ► 08 (393)
- ► 07 (355)
- I am finally reaching a place ...
- I’m so sick and tired of all these fights...
- Daughter lies, skips school, and uses drugs...
- I have tried lots of things with my 10-year-old d...
- Is he really suicidal?
- Son Is Morbidly Obese
- Sleep Problems and Poor Academic Performance
- Thank You
- Please Help
- Online Parent Support Rocks!!!
- I’m not sure what to do about college...
- What can I do?
- Would you suggest any further contact?
- She is an only child. Does this make a difference?...
- Treatment for ODD
- What's the difference with ADHD and ADD?
- I am depressed and sad all the time ...
- Am I better off forcing my son to go to counseling...
- I want him out of the house...
- We are really emotionally drained...
- Our 17-year-old son...
- How do I avoid that circle fight?
- I have one disagreement with my husband...
- Do we let him go and get thrown to the wolves?
- Words of wisdom?
- ▼ 12 (25)