FDA Has Concerns About ADHD Medications
On February 21, 2007, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) directed the manufacturers of all drug products approved for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) to develop Patient Medication Guides to alert patients to possible cardiovascular risks and risks of adverse psychiatric symptoms associated with the medicines, and to advise them of precautions that can be taken.
The FDA is working closely with manufacturers of all ADHD medicines to include important information in the product labeling and in developing new Patient Medication Guides to better inform doctors and patients about the serious risks associated with the use of the following drugs:
· Adderall (mixed salts of a single entity amphetamine product) Tablets
· Adderall XR (mixed salts of a single entity amphetamine product) Extended-Release Capsules
· Concerta (methylphenidate hydrochloride) Extended-Release Tablets
· Daytrana (methylphenidate) Transdermal System
· Desoxyn (methamphetamine HCl) Tablets
· Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine sulfate) Spansule Capsules and Tablets
· Focalin (dexmethylphenidate hydrochloride) Tablets
· Focalin XR (dexmethylphenidate hydrochloride) Extended-Release Capsules
· Metadate CD (methylphenidate hydrochloride) Extended-Release Capsules
· Methylin (methylphenidate hydrochloride) Oral Solution
· Methylin (methylphenidate hydrochloride) Chewable Tablets
· Ritalin (methylphenidate hydrochloride) Tablets
· Ritalin SR (methylphenidate hydrochloride) Sustained-Release Tablets
· Ritalin LA (methylphenidate hydrochloride) Extended-Release Capsules
· Strattera (atomoxetine HCl) Capsules
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (109)
- ► 10 (145)
- ► 09 (149)
- ► 08 (397)
- Why two names?
- How do I encourage some conversation in our home?
- YOUR CHILD'S ACADEMIC SUCCESS
- 27 year-old twins are still behaving like rebellio...
- FDA Has Concerns About ADHD Medications
- Mother Receives an A+
- Self-Reliance is Key!
- The Romeo & Juliet Phenomenon
- Husband is not on the same page...
- Is it realistic to insist on appropriate attitude....
- We need an exorcist!
- What can you tell me about NVLD, and what can a pa...
- Does He Need Residential Placement?
- My Space Predator Exposed
- I just want to make sure this doesn't fall into th...
- Son Vandalizes Mother's Residence
- Daughter Ran Away and Moved In with 21-year-old Bo...
- She is not doing her reputation any favours...
- HEG Biofeedback
- I was so pissed...!
- How To Get Teenagers To Study
- 16-year-old mom in a 35-year-old body...
- Stress-Relief for Stressed-Out Moms
- Son with ODD
- Are we doing the right thing?
- How do you know when it is over the top?
- I Hate You !!
- Desperate mom searches for quick fix...
- Neurofeedback for ADHD
- Mom Has To Attend Counseling
- What do we do next?
- Can you help me sort this out?
- Military School Option
- She won't go to school...
- How can he help himself?
- She's a Kicker!
- We can't make it through the next 6 weeks without ...
- Teen Suicide
- Grounding Teens "From" Their Bedroom
- This is so confusing and hard ...
- ▼ 2 (41)