I just want to make sure this doesn't fall into the intrigue category...
My daughter has arranged one week's work experience at a local police station. She is actually considering becoming a police constable or studying criminology or social work. But right now she can be defiant. Could this be dangerous for her? I thought it would be good to meet local role models and police who will know her personally in the area etc., and she has to sign something to guarantee she will keep confidentiality and dress and behave appropriately.
I just want to make sure this doesn't fall into the intrigue category. I'm worried that any other work experience will bore her and this "bites" time.
What are you thoughts?
This does fall into the “intrigue category,” but the intrigue will most likely involve the “high-intensity” of police work and the risks involved -- rather than the “high-intensity” associated with breaking the law, being a criminal, etc. I think this is a good move. It’s very common for intense youth to sublimate, or redirect, their strong need for intensity toward a more socially acceptable means as an adult. She will make a great cop and will probably enjoy the periodic drama connected to this line of work.
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (109)
- ► 10 (145)
- ► 09 (149)
- ► 08 (397)
- Why two names?
- How do I encourage some conversation in our home?
- YOUR CHILD'S ACADEMIC SUCCESS
- 27 year-old twins are still behaving like rebellio...
- FDA Has Concerns About ADHD Medications
- Mother Receives an A+
- Self-Reliance is Key!
- The Romeo & Juliet Phenomenon
- Husband is not on the same page...
- Is it realistic to insist on appropriate attitude....
- We need an exorcist!
- What can you tell me about NVLD, and what can a pa...
- Does He Need Residential Placement?
- My Space Predator Exposed
- I just want to make sure this doesn't fall into th...
- Son Vandalizes Mother's Residence
- Daughter Ran Away and Moved In with 21-year-old Bo...
- She is not doing her reputation any favours...
- HEG Biofeedback
- I was so pissed...!
- How To Get Teenagers To Study
- 16-year-old mom in a 35-year-old body...
- Stress-Relief for Stressed-Out Moms
- Son with ODD
- Are we doing the right thing?
- How do you know when it is over the top?
- I Hate You !!
- Desperate mom searches for quick fix...
- Neurofeedback for ADHD
- Mom Has To Attend Counseling
- What do we do next?
- Can you help me sort this out?
- Military School Option
- She won't go to school...
- How can he help himself?
- She's a Kicker!
- We can't make it through the next 6 weeks without ...
- Teen Suicide
- Grounding Teens "From" Their Bedroom
- This is so confusing and hard ...
- ▼ 2 (41)