He used a condom...
I have a question concerning my son, age 15. He is still living with his Dad and pretty much doing what he pleases, at least the way I see it. Whenever I do see him, he gets angry when I ask him any questions about anything, school, activities, etc. He claims that he has talked with his father so everything is fine. My question is do I have any parenting rights now that he is there?
My son did call me a couple of weeks ago because he and his girlfriend had sex and they were afraid she may be pregnant, even though he used a condom. I talked to him about this and promised I wouldn't tell his father and kept that promise. His Dad and her Mom allow him to spend the night at her house, which is totally out of the question at my house. I know that because of my rules, he will probably never come back here but the bottom line is, do I still have any rights?
I'm just sick over this whole thing and am very worried about his safety among other things.
The Supreme Court has ruled that parents have a fundamental right to control the upbringing and education of their children. Parents have a constitutional right to direct and control the upbringing of their children, and laws or governmental actions that unreasonably infringe the rights of parents to raise and educate their children according to their own values are constitutionally suspect.
Having parental responsibility means that you have the right to make important decisions about your child's life in areas like medical treatment and education. But it also means that you have responsibilities. You have a duty to care for and protect the child.
You should re-think your choice to keep your son’s sexual activity a secret from his father (unless you and he want to share in the responsibility of raising a grandchild).
Plus, I can’t believe that his Dad and her Mom allow him to spend the night at her house – that’s incredibly negligent parenting. Unfortunately, I don’t think you’ll be able to control this situation. So this falls into the category of “letting go.”
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (109)
- ► 10 (145)
- ► 09 (149)
- ► 08 (397)
- Help me please before I go insane...
- I am so deeply worried that my sons will be someho...
- It sounds like she is not even attending the math ...
- Empty Nest Syndrome
- Acknowledgment & Praise
- The keys just came up missing...
- He puts his head down on the desk and pretends to ...
- She’s in an addictive relationship...
- It seems askew to allow 1 kid to sour 3...
- Hey son ...I know you got emotional problems, but ...
- Twin Trouble
- What did I miss here?
- Then he aimed a plunger at my head, which hit me.....
- Could the Meningitis be causing this Bipolar disor...
- I don't think I could follow through with calling ...
- Let's Trouble-Shoot
- We have been having a fair amount of difficulty......
- Don't "Half-Ass" The Program
- He used a condom...
- She is going to make her life very hard by being a...
- Whose Problem Is It?
- I made a new online friend...
- Can I Get a Certificate?
- PC Tattletail
- Aspergers + Borderline Personality Disorder + Alco...
- Should I ground here from youth group?
- Teens & Alcohol Drinking
- You said it would get worse before it gets better ...
- WHAT DO I DO TO STOP HIM?
- Why Only $19.99 ?
- Mark Hutten, M.A.
- ▼ 4 (31)