Education and Counseling for Individuals Affected by Oppositional Defiant Disorder and ADHD

Search This Site

What should I do?

I do not know what to do anymore besides turn my 17-year-old son out of the home. His dad and myself have been divorced for quite some time (he was an alcoholic and after we divorced he pretty much abandoned my son and daughter). I met a man 5 years ago who has been an active part of my son’s life, but since we have been together my son has displayed constant negative behaviour (delinquent).

In December we got a call from the school principal who suspected my son was selling pot. When he came home my fiancĂ© found it so we did what we thought was best and turned him in to the police. He was recommended to youth diversion. He is currently doing this program and just last night I came home from work to find a note left. My son said he had gotten a call from a friend to say her boyfriend was abusing her. He took my fiancĂ©s car keys (he wasn’t home at the time, he works offshore) and my son hit a concrete barricade and beat up his car. He doesn’t have a license or insurance. What should I do? If I turn him in to the police again, he will be charged.

Please help.


As you may know from reading “My Out-of-Control Teen” eBook, over-indulgence is the main contributing factor to children’s behavior problems.

To save your son from painful emotions associated with his poor choice to drive without a license would be a form of over-indulgence. Thus, the recommendation would be to file an accident report with the police. Additionally, your son should be working to earn money to help pay for the damages.

Hold him accountable,


No comments:

Join Our Facebook Support Group

Contact Form


Email *

Message *

Online Parenting Coach - Syndicated Content