Hi All - I just found out my 15yo daughter 'was' seeing a 21yo young man. I was so blown away cause I thought kids went thru a bit of a 'naughty' build up before the big stuff, but boy was I wrong. Not only was she 'seeing' him she has also slept with him. We are off to the docs tomorrow for the test and to discuss birth control. We sat down & talked about it and I was surprised by how calm I was (she is my only child & I am a single parent). It is weird but I am not angry with her. A little upset maybe but I can't get it out of my head that although she (they) have done the wrong thing, she is 15 and hormonal. Has anyone else felt this way? I mean I didn't want this to happen but now that it has, I have to accept it & deal with it. Is there something wrong with me?
I know exactly how you feel -- and no, it's not wrong to feel this way.
Our 23 year old daughter just called in yesterday to tell us she had some news…
She'd just landed her first job having graduated from university and was in a steady relationship. She told us that she got too drunk at a party, slept with a chap she didn't know and found she was pregnant. She explained that she'd visited a pregnancy crisis centre in the London area and spoken to someone who had talked with her about her options.
She wanted to know what I thought as her mother. So I told her how I felt about the baby being my first grandchild, but that I would stand by her and support her whatever decision she made. She chose to continue with the pregnancy, and her son is now 6 years old: a delight and challenge to all!
Her boyfriend was so upset that he ended the relationship. Single parenthood is not easy; particularly as she has never had any support from the father and one day she's going to have to face difficult questions from her son. I think she has chosen a very brave option.
Online Parent Support
- ► 19 (105)
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (108)
- ► 10 (145)
- ► 09 (149)
- ► 08 (393)
- Where's Brian?
- My Out-of-Control Teen
- Will your Online Parent Support be of any assista...
- The money wasn’t returned so I cut his cell phone....
- Stop The Bully
- The librarians are naturally placid people...
- Older Son Sexually Assaults Younger Brother
- I am so tired of his games...
- Things are shaping up...
- Has anyone else felt this way?
- Monitor Your Child's Activities On The Computer
- Long Road
- Christine Vents Her Spleen
- This is all so bizarre...
- I've been the worst parent...
- How can i tackle this phone issue?
- It is HARD work and very tiring...
- I’m the bad guy...
- I’m going out of my mind...
- Will the program work for a 19-year-old?
- 41-Year-Old Mother Has Sex With 16-Year-Old
- I kept my poker face...
- The Program is called FAMILY...
- ▼ 8 (24)