He Doesn't Care
Just committing to your rules but finding it difficult in this area:
I have grounded my child for three days, he doesn’t care, walks out the house. I ground him when he comes home. Doesn’t care and doesn’t do the grounding. So I disciplined him for 3 days, no unsupervised TV, no music in his room. Doesn’t care and doesn’t care – his attitude is beginning to drive me crazy. Very insolent, but I have managed to keep my temper (so far).
He is caught up with this girl who has no rules whatsoever in her home, both parents working full time and little supervision. She comes from a very argumentative home and she relays how unhappy she is at home and she wants to run away. My child is an immature young fella (13) at the best of times, but he is listening so closely to her and bringing her attitude right back. She has him hooked.
What should I do?!!!!
Thanking you loads in advance,
The recommendation will depend on where you live. For the sake of discussion, I’m going to assume you live in the U.S. (if not, email me again, and we’ll come up with plan B).
In those cases where the child simply refuses to accept a consequence, the parent will either (a) have to get some outside assistance from juvenile probation, or (b) continue to spin her wheels.
So, as difficult as it may be, tell your son that if he refuses to complete the 3-day-discipline, you will call the police so they can make a 'runaway' report – AND you will go to juvenile probation to file a complaint.
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (108)
- ► 10 (145)
- ► 09 (149)
- ► 08 (393)
- Husband is a Skeptic .
- Out of Control Teens
- I am so fed up?
- F$%k You
- She was picked up by the police...
- She lies ALL the time...
- The Mom From Hell?
- The Truth About Free Government Grants
- He Doesn't Care
- Mom Hits Homerun
- Mom is a Sadistic Bitch?
- Lack of nutrients and minerals could be causing bi...
- Adopted Daughter Problems
- Adoptive Daughter Problems
- We Kicked Her Out
- Is your son a computer hacker?
- It's getting worse...
- I'll commit suicide if I don't get my way... I swe...
- Mom With a Grateful Attitude
- The "Art of Schmoozing"
- Depression Leads to Disrespect?
- Is She Bipolar?
- Mom Gets Punked - Again!
- Pleased With The Prospects
- If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll ...
- Short-term Mild Pain vs. Long-term Major Pain
- Creative Wife Gets Resistant Husband "On Board"
- I've tried every form of punishment known to man.....
- She is dealing with extreme aggression...
- How about a Big Sister?
- Daughter Problems
- I just want to know if there is hope...
- ▼ 5 (32)