Mom Hits Homerun
An update before you answer -- thanks to eBlaster, I found out that she is planning on vomiting at school, going to the nurse, getting dismissed, and saying "my mom's at work, here is my brother's number" and giving the boyfriend's cell. (She doesn't have a brother). I called the school to make sure that I or the three others on my list are the only people she can be released to, and that they call no other numbers.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This is a great example of the ‘detective work’ that I wish more parents would engage in ongoing.
>>>>>>>> So are you saying I should be a snoop?
>>>>>>>> YES …YES …and YES! Parents of ‘out of control’ teens have been deceived and tricked more than they’ll ever know. DO NOT believe ANYTHING your kid tells you (as in 0%). Verify EVERYTHING – and snoop.
Do you think I should print out and send the laws regarding carnal knowledge of a minor 19 and 15 year olds to the boyfriend?
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Absolutely …great idea. You’re thinkin’ on your feet now lady.
A common misconception in this state is that 15 is the age of consent - it's not, but it is the age where it becomes a misdemeanor rather than a felony requiring registration
as a sex offender. But I'd already told her that I would not press charges.
>>>>>>>>> Then you use these 4 little words: “I changed my mind.”
She violated the internet and bedtime rules last night (was up till 2am because, instead of doing her research project, she was socializing on myspace). I'll start with the least restrictive consequence - no internet for one day - but most likely she will defy it, in which case she's grounded for 3 days and the computer gets stashed at a friend's house.
>>>>>>>>>>> You are really ‘on track’. I am so proud of you. Thank you for being such a great student. Keep it going.
On a lighter note, she's asking for a car for Christmas (which of course she can't drive, having just turned 15). She said the boyfriend could drive it. I said that's ridiculous.
The Strong-Willed Out-of-Control Teen
The standard disciplinary techniques that are recommended for “typical” teenagers do not take into account the many issues facing teens with serious behavioral problems. Disrespect, anger, violent rages, self-injury, running away from home, school failure, hanging-out with the wrong crowd, drug abuse, theft, and legal problems are just some of the behaviors that parents of defiant teens will have to learn to control.
Click here for the full article...
Click here for the full article...
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (109)
- ► 10 (147)
- ► 09 (150)
- ► 08 (408)
- Husband is a Skeptic .
- Out of Control Teens
- I am so fed up?
- F$%k You
- She was picked up by the police...
- She lies ALL the time...
- The Mom From Hell?
- The Truth About Free Government Grants
- He Doesn't Care
- Mom Hits Homerun
- Mom is a Sadistic Bitch?
- Lack of nutrients and minerals could be causing bi...
- Adopted Daughter Problems
- Adoptive Daughter Problems
- We Kicked Her Out
- Mom Refuses To Allow Her 'Education Buttons' To Ge...
- Is your son a computer hacker?
- Detective Mom
- It's getting worse...
- Boyfriend Problem
- I'll commit suicide if I don't get my way... I swe...
- Mom With a Grateful Attitude
- The "Art of Schmoozing"
- She has been playing games with me...
- Children & Stuttering
- Aversion Therapy = Pullin' Weeds
- Daughter Dates Biker
- Depression Leads to Disrespect?
- Is She Bipolar?
- Mom Gets Punked - Again!
- Pleased With The Prospects
- If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll ...
- Short-term Mild Pain vs. Long-term Major Pain
- Creative Wife Gets Resistant Husband "On Board"
- Attachment Disorder
- I've tried every form of punishment known to man.....
- She is dealing with extreme aggression...
- How about a Big Sister?
- My 'out of control teen' is driving me crazy!!!
- Take Care of Your Mental Health: Tips for Distraug...
- Daughter Problems
- I just want to know if there is hope...
- ▼ 5 (42)