I'm sure you must be sick of me by now but believe me when I say, you are the only person I have found in nearly 7 years who knows how to handle CD and ODD. Your advice is practical and sound, and it WORKS. I can’t thank you enough for your advice and guidance …it has changed the whole dynamic of our home.
Yes, I know what your answer would be and I am proud to say we stuck to our guns, and C___ chose to go. Well, the door is open if he changes his mind. Yes, he chose to leave rather than face the rather lenient (compared to previous restrictions), 3 day discipline. And it is a lot easier to let him go now. I know this sounds cold, but my younger boys need a peaceful, stable home and I know that C___ is resourceful. He will never starve or go dirty. He has been raised with the finer things, believe me, if he wasn’t able to wash/condition his lovely hair he would be home quick smart.
I have been reading the other posts and I thought you may be interested that my younger son, 9 yrs, has been diagnosed with ADHD but we went through a rather long process of ruling out autism and aspergers syndrome. With a few years of intensive therapy, both occupational and speech, he has finally begun to catch up with his reading etc. His behaviour is no problem, (although around 3-4 yrs he was very difficult). His ADHD is inattentive type ...Might I say we have fought several pediatricians and refused medication, and with a lot of effort and therapy he has caught up with his age in reading.
Would I be right in assuming that C___ may have undiagnosed ADHD, as well as CD? I have thought this a lot over the past year at least …he just never had the learning difficulties that alerted everyone to my younger son's condition. His education is now severely behind due to the CD. His behaviour however has been of major concern since 8-9 yr old. I just put this down to his dad dying at the time. Thinking back, he was always a challenge, from toddler on. Is it genetic, biological? (I was a VERY difficult child/teenager, despite my current occupation and beliefs).
I apologise for sounding like a nut, but as with most parents who have luckily found this site, I have been struggling for years with questions etc.
CLICK HERE for a free report on ADHD, ODD & CD.
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (108)
- ► 10 (145)
- ► 09 (149)
- ► 08 (393)
- Behavior Contracts
- Out-of-Control 14-Year-Old
- How Do They Earn Their Way Off Discipline?
- I intend to make a fresh start for us...
- JUST THANK YOU
- I have some hope...
- Troubled Teen Schools
- Anything to get a response...
- It Was Just A "Mistake"
- Abort or Adopt?
- My son made somewhat of an about-face-turn...
- Pick Your Battles Carefully
- "My Out-of-Control Teen" eBook on CD.
- I JUST HAVE TO DO IT...
- We don't have boot camps here...
- Join Online Parent Support
- Undiagnosed ADHD & CD?
- I hate labels...
- Right or Privilege?
- Have you ever heard of a case like mine...
- "Professionals" are still talking about 'time-outs...
- My son has been coming home at 3 in the morning......
- My daughter is 14 and has run away from home...
- From St. Paul's Preparatory Academy
- I DIDN'T REACT
- Sign me "an obligated parent..."
- CF Officer Works With Out-of-Control Youth
- 13-Year-Old Refuses To Go To Camp
- Prodigal Son Is Returning Home
- You Just Got Punked -- Again!
- I am proud of myself -- I did it!
- We've wasted hours in counseling...
- How Do I Implement the 3-Day Grounding?
- In a week's time, I've seen a great change...
- When One Parent Sabotages the Other
- I am sleeping on a couch...
- He has run away from home...
- ▼ 7 (37)