I downloaded your ebook a while ago, and it is great. I have spoken to you for help along the way. My children's names are E____ (who has ASD), M____ (she's 11), and J____ (he's 13 with some ASD difficulties).
I am a Qualified Primary schoolteacher and have been specialising in helping parents and students in the area of 'challenging behaviour'. Recently I changed my job and am now working with a lot of schools around creating safer emotional and physical environments. This means working with teachers, students, parents and the communities. I was wondering if you have anything in New Zealand as far as training is concerned, as a lot of the difficulties that the parents are coming across would be massively helped with your teachings.
They are surrounded by professionals who are still talking about time-out consequences and behaviour reinforcements. Many of these parents have had years of this, and as you say have 'dipped in and out' often depending on how much they could cope with at the time. Many of them are at the stage of having pre teens with all the new emotional stresses and behaviours. Many of these parents could not afford to buy your ebook because of the exchange rate -- and they get me for free if it is through the school. Although I have done some private trainings around explosive behaviours, anxiety, stress and visual learning.
I am a qualified N.L.P. trainer and practitioner and was wondering if there was any way we could get this information over to NZ. Anyway, if you could think of any thing that might help please let me know. I would be happy to do some training if that was possible. Many thanks for your time.
My Out-of-Control Teen eBook
The Strong-Willed Out-of-Control Teen
The standard disciplinary techniques that are recommended for “typical” teenagers do not take into account the many issues facing teens with serious behavioral problems. Disrespect, anger, violent rages, self-injury, running away from home, school failure, hanging-out with the wrong crowd, drug abuse, theft, and legal problems are just some of the behaviors that parents of defiant teens will have to learn to control.
Click here for the full article...
Click here for the full article...
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (109)
- ► 10 (146)
- ► 09 (150)
- ► 08 (407)
- Behavior Contracts
- Out-of-Control 14-Year-Old
- How Do They Earn Their Way Off Discipline?
- I intend to make a fresh start for us...
- JUST THANK YOU
- I have some hope...
- Troubled Teen Schools
- Anything to get a response...
- It Was Just A "Mistake"
- Abort or Adopt?
- My son made somewhat of an about-face-turn...
- Pick Your Battles Carefully
- "My Out-of-Control Teen" eBook on CD.
- I JUST HAVE TO DO IT...
- We don't have boot camps here...
- Join Online Parent Support
- Become An "Online Parent Support" Affiliate
- Undiagnosed ADHD & CD?
- I hate labels...
- Right or Privilege?
- Have you ever heard of a case like mine...
- "Professionals" are still talking about 'time-outs...
- My son has been coming home at 3 in the morning......
- My daughter is 14 and has run away from home...
- Parents' World
- Single Parent Adoption?
- From St. Paul's Preparatory Academy
- I DIDN'T REACT
- Sign me "an obligated parent..."
- Special Needs Camps—
- Top Picks For Troubled Teen Placements
- CF Officer Works With Out-of-Control Youth
- 13-Year-Old Refuses To Go To Camp
- Prodigal Son Is Returning Home
- You Just Got Punked -- Again!
- I am proud of myself -- I did it!
- We've wasted hours in counseling...
- How Do I Implement the 3-Day Grounding?
- In a week's time, I've seen a great change...
- When One Parent Sabotages the Other
- I am sleeping on a couch...
- He has run away from home...
- ▼ 7 (42)