Hi Mark –
I've now had a chance to review your parenting strategies. Living in the UK, there are some limitations on the effectiveness of those strategies, simply due to your natural focus on the USA. We don't have boot camps here, and there is sadly very little "preventative" work done or actual "practical" support for young people and families. My role is to provide mediation and one-to-one support for challenging young people aged 10-16 years. I have a huge geographic area to cover and a gigantic waiting list!
Do you know of anyone in the UK who is actively putting your ideas into practice? I will be discussing your work with some of my colleagues who work in Social Services, and pass on their responses, to you.
P.S. - Gravesend (near London), Kent. United Kingdom
Re: Do you know of anyone in the UK who is actively putting your ideas into practice?
Unfortunately 'no' ...this is why we spent the time/energy/money to put the program 'online' ...so that non-U.S. families can have access to the material.
If I can be of any help whatsoever, please let me know!
P.S. Boot camp is not part of my method. If you read carefully, I recommend against boot camp because, even though it has a great positive impact on the teen's behavior, the 'behavior change' has no longevity (i.e., once the kids comes home, most begin to act out - again - with a few short weeks).
Online Parent Support
- ► 14 (62)
- ► 13 (52)
- ► 12 (57)
- ► 11 (109)
- ► 10 (145)
- ► 09 (149)
- ► 08 (393)
- Behavior Contracts
- Out-of-Control 14-Year-Old
- How Do They Earn Their Way Off Discipline?
- I intend to make a fresh start for us...
- JUST THANK YOU
- I have some hope...
- Troubled Teen Schools
- Anything to get a response...
- It Was Just A "Mistake"
- Abort or Adopt?
- My son made somewhat of an about-face-turn...
- Pick Your Battles Carefully
- "My Out-of-Control Teen" eBook on CD.
- I JUST HAVE TO DO IT...
- We don't have boot camps here...
- Join Online Parent Support
- Undiagnosed ADHD & CD?
- I hate labels...
- Right or Privilege?
- Have you ever heard of a case like mine...
- "Professionals" are still talking about 'time-outs...
- My son has been coming home at 3 in the morning......
- My daughter is 14 and has run away from home...
- From St. Paul's Preparatory Academy
- I DIDN'T REACT
- Sign me "an obligated parent..."
- CF Officer Works With Out-of-Control Youth
- 13-Year-Old Refuses To Go To Camp
- Prodigal Son Is Returning Home
- You Just Got Punked -- Again!
- I am proud of myself -- I did it!
- We've wasted hours in counseling...
- How Do I Implement the 3-Day Grounding?
- In a week's time, I've seen a great change...
- When One Parent Sabotages the Other
- I am sleeping on a couch...
- He has run away from home...
- ▼ 7 (37)